Want to keep your Hyundai in tip-top shape? Check out some of these car care tips from Spitzer Hyundai Cleveland
If you’re like us here at Spitzer Hyundai Cleveland, you love your Hyundai car, and you want to be certain you’re getting the most out of it for years to come. Fortunately, we want the very same thing for you. And as one of the premier resources for Hyundai service near Brooklyn, Lakewood, and Parma, OH, we’ve got a wealth of experience with regular Hyundai repairs and maintenance, and we’d love the chance to share our knowledge with you.
All you need to know about Hyundai tire care
Why should I rotate my Hyundai car’s tires?
- All tires wear down with time and use, but if your drive a front-wheel drive Hyundai, it’s crucial to rotate your tires at regular intervals. In front-wheel drive cars, the forward wheels wear faster than those in the rear, so rotating them helps keep tire wear even and extend their overall useable longevity.
- It’s also important to rotate your tires even if you have an all-wheel drive Hyundai vehicle, just at different intervals. Make sure to consult your owner’s manual or one of our technicians here at our Cleveland, OH Hyundai service center to see when you should rotate your Hyundai vehicle’s tires.
How can I tell if I need to replace my Hyundai car’s tires?
- If you haven’t rotated your tires in a while (or ever), you’ll notice that the uneven wear of your tires begins to affect your ride quality over time. Vibration in the steering column or excessive road noise can be signs that your Hyundai vehicle’s tires are wearing unevenly and are due for rotation.
- Alternatively, you can always check the tread wear on your tires with the Penny Test. If you insert a penny upside down into the well of your Hyundai tire’s treads, the tread should cover about half of Abraham Lincoln’s head on the coin. Anything less is usually fine too, but if you can see most of his head, you owe it to yourself to stop by our Hyundai Service center near Lakewood and Parma, OH to get a fresh set of tires for your car.
All you need to know about Hyundai oil changes
How often should I change my Hyundai vehicle’s oil?
- The short answer is: it varies. Every Hyundai vehicle is different, so it’s best to consult your owner’s manual to get an accurate idea of when you need to change your oil. Alternatively, stop by our Hyundai service center near Brooklyn and Rocky River, OH to check with one of our experience service technicians.
- 3,000 mile oil changes are a myth in this day and age, as many new Hyundai models can go for much longer between oil changes. That said, factors like heat, driving habits, and road conditions can affect your oil change intervals, so make sure to check your oil dipstick every other time you gas up your car. If it comes up too low or looks thick and viscous, come see us here at Spitzer Hyundai Cleveland.
Should I used synthetic or conventional oil with my Hyundai?
- Again, this will vary from model to model, so consult your Hyundai owner’s manual or get in touch with us!
- At our Cleveland, OH Hyundai service center, we primarily use synthetic oil for most Hyundai oil changes, but we also carry conventional oil for those Hyundai models that recommend it.
All you need to know about Hyundai brake maintenance
Why is Hyundai brake maintenance so important?
- Your brakes are just as important to stopping your car as your engine is to starting it, so if you value your peace of mind when cruising around the greater Cleveland, OH area, you’d be doing yourself a favor by keeping up with your Hyundai brake maintenance.
- Small brake problems can quickly turn into costly issues that demand your attention, so don’t hesitate to schedule a service visit with Spitzer Hyundai Cleveland at the first sign of trouble.
What are some signs my Hyundai car’s brakes need repair or replacement?
- Squeaking and squealing sounds
- A sinking brake pedal that drops to the floor when pressed
- Having to put extra effort into braking
- Odd smells
- Brake pedal pulses when engaged
- Brake light on
- If you experience any of the above issues, you may need your Hyundai vehicles’ brake pads repaired or replaced, so get in touch with us at Spitzer Hyundai Cleveland as soon as possible.